Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Argument Against Autumn

The heat wave in the region is over, so the end of the summer season is nearing.  Some you people out there who I like to describe as "horrible" are happy for fall to come about, but I am not.  Summer is the greatest season and Fall, or Autumn as some of the kids in other areas call it, is the worst season, hands down.  Here's my argument.  Suck it!

In the Fall, things die.
The world turns to many shades of brown as the plants meet their demise, the dead leaves all fall to the ground to be crushed by the feet of people walking by and kids finding joy in their death, and the birds all get the hell out of town because they know things are about to take a turn for the worse.  As much as I'd like to join them, I must suck it up, throw on some layers and brace for the brisk breeze.

In the Fall, what am I supposed to wear?  
One of my biggest arguments against the middle seasons (Fall and Spring) is I have no idea what to wear.  In the middle seasons the weather fluctuates so much there's no way to plan other than the inconvenience of layers.  I don't like having extra stuff to carry around later in the day because I'm sweating when I started the day off freezing my ass off.  In these circumstances I choose to keep my hoodie on because I'd rather be at an uncomfortable temperature rather than deal with the inconvenience of holding/carrying the extra baggage.  I enjoy wearing hoodies and being able to use different styles to change my look, but so much inconvenience comes with the Fall season and its fluctuating temperatures.

Because of the temperature change people often get sick, too.  Then I have to deal with the risk of getting sick myself.  I go to movies or events or just to the store or post office and have to hear people hacking and wheezing and blowing their noses into their handkerchiefs that they keep in their back pocket covered in their nasal mucus.

Every season comes with its inconveniences, from Summers back sweat to Springs wetness to Winters timely preparing for the outside conditions.  Feel free to have your opinion on the seasons, feel free to voice them, but my order is set and will not change.

Summer>Winter>Spring>Fall

Fall is by far the worst, outside of burning things and making piles of leaves to jump in there is nothing enjoyable about it.


4 comments:

  1. I love your argument about everything dying and the birds getting the hell out of here!! Haha it's so true!!

    But for my opinion of the season, I can make one argument against your stance: Fall = NFL !!! So in my book Fall is ok because I heart professional football so much! But if you aren't a huge fan of the NFL then I understand.

    Oh and your comment about people getting sick: I get really bad seasonal allergies and I always get them in the Fall! So late August/early September is always the beginning of misery for me! (I'm getting ready to stock up on Claritin and Orange Juice!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, you can go fuck yourself. Fall is the best season. Your reasons for hating on it (other than sickness, which can occur at any time) are bullshit.

    Yeah, the leaves die in the Fall. Don't act like you actually give a shit about this. You don't. In the process of dying they also happen to turn orange, yellow, and red before they fall to the ground and go brown. So you're leaving out a beautiful and essential part of their story. One of the few redeeming qualities about this region is how beautiful it gets around here in the Fall. Whole bluffs covered in orange and yellow. And don't act like you give a shit about birds being around here or not. You don't care, and you're trying to make it seem like them bailing and heading South makes you sad. It doesn't.

    Then you start bitching about the inconvenience of not knowing what to wear as if I can't sit here and take a shot at Summer for making me sweat my ass off regardless of what I wear. I can wear a white wife beater and short shorts and I'm going to sweat a fucking salt lake into my clothing, leaving sweat stains and creating B.O. all because you love having the Sun out to create humidity and high temperatures.

    Is wearing a hoodie that big of a goddamn deal? I always loved hoodie season and thought of it as a privilege. And you're upset about not knowing whether to wear jeans or shorts? Come on... Pick one and deal with what comes. Quit being a little bitch. Jeans are a way to go because in the Fall the temperature will very rarely get to a point where you're dying of heat exhaustion from wearing pants. Oh..I wonder what season you have to worry about heat exhaustion? Hmmm? Fucking Summer! So go ahead and throw on a pair of shorts and bitch about the slight chill, even though you're spending the vast majority of your day inside anyways. Yeah...you lose.

    Sickness sucks. I'll give you that one. But you can get sick in any season. It gets more prevalent in Fall and Spring but if you just washed your hands more and consumed some vitamin C you'll probably be just fine. Again, quit being a little bitch.

    Fall = Playoff baseball, the start of hockey season, apple cider, Halloween, pumpkin carving, horror movies, perfect walking weather, beautiful colors, and burning leaves.

    Fall>Spring>Summer>Winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy wearing hoodies. I don't like wearing a hoodie and feeling perfect in the morning, and as soon as afternoon rolls around I'm sweating because of the choice to wear one.

    I'm not sad about the birds leaving. You took that argument completely wrong. My point is they realize that they should get the hell out as I should, too.

    My favorite color is green, thus things dying and changes color....from green.

    I believe we all have a right to our own opinion, so don't talk shit about me for having mine. I stand by my opinion and welcome you to have yours. Show some respect.

    Summer = Outdoor activities, perfect workout weather, perfect evening walking weather, less clothing, water sports, X games, less planning/more doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have a right to our own opinion. Except you. Because your opinion sucks. You bastard.

    ....I feel like I shouldn't have to clarify that I'm being outrageous and mean on purpose, but I'll go ahead and let you know that I'm being outrageous and mean on purpose.

    ReplyDelete