Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall TV Lineup?

With Fall so close, and my last post ranting about it, I thought of another good thing (that comes about because of the crappiness of fall)....the Fall TV Lineup.  I've grown up on TV as I believe many of my generation have.  I'm pretty pumped for new episodes of Community and Parks and Recreation, as well as seeing how long The Office can hold on without Steve Carell.  I am also looking forward to seeing where the second season of Happy Endings leads.  That show has great writers and comedy and is the best of the friend, group, couple dynamic that has been pushed on television viewers the last year or two.  I only enjoyed one other show that was new last year, and it was canceled by Fox.  If you don't watch Community, Parks and Recreation (both on NBC Thursdays) or Happy Endings (ABC Wednesdays), I urge you to give them a chance.

In addition to these shows returning, I am also intrigued by some new shows.  The new shows this season that are being advertised during the television shows I watch regularly seem to have primarily female leads including: Whitney, starring Whitney Cummings, The New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, 2 Broke Girls starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs.  I am also aware that a new show with my biggest celebrity crush, Rachel Bilson, will be premiering.   This show will be on The CW which makes me nervous, because they aren't known for quality entertainment.  The show seems questionable, big city doctor moves to small town in the South.  This dynamic works sometimes (Doc Hollywood, Doc Martin, Northern Exposure), but sometimes is doesn't.  Knowing this and that the show is on The CW, I am glad Rachel Bilson is starting to do movies with some bigger named people, like The To-Do List with Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Donald Glover and a bunch of other people.

There are many other shows that will be premiering soon, some that I know about, some that I don't.  If you have any shows that look promising feel free to mention in the comments.










3 comments:

  1. What are your thoughts on Two and a Half Men post-Charlie Sheen? Do you think the show will cut it with newcomer Ashton Kutcher? I think the season premiere will certainly gain a lot of attention but unless the writing is good and Ashton's character is very likeable, that the show will end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big fan of the show anyway, so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to comment on this. Since I've never been overly interested I'm not excited for it or anything. If it ends that gives another show a shot at becoming the "most watched comedy on television", personally I feel like most "comedy" people I know of don't really care about the show. I guess it appeals to the masses, which is something I've never felt was meant for me. I wish Ashton Kutcher luck. I must say, I am curious to see how a two episode premiere based around a funeral after a brutal death plays out on a comedy. Also....Comedy Central's Roast of Charlie Sheen premieres the same night as Two and a Half Men, I'm more excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a TV show guy anyways.

    ReplyDelete