Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Favorite Reality Show

I am not the biggest fan of reality TV these days, but perhaps that's because there haven't been shows about things I enjoy. I used to like The Real World before MTV made it all about people sexing and fighting, when it was about people living together and being exposed to different types of people. I've fallen victim to the marathons of VH1 reality shows like everyone else before, and just as I select to swear them off, they throw in The X Life, which focuses more on the wives of extreme sports stars, but the stars themselves are actually in the show a lot, too, which is enjoyable. I just found a reality show that is everything I want in a reality show, though.
The show is called Adrenalina and is on Discovery HD Theater. It's two guys traveling and making extreme sports videos basically. They incorporate some historical facts in, and they tell you what song is playing (which I don't understand why more TV shows don't do that, it was one of my favorite things MTV did when they quit playing music videos). They often have extreme sports stars on and just seem to be enjoying the places and cultures they experience. I recommend this show to anyone who enjoys extreme sports and/or exotic locations. It's on HD theater Thursday nights. They also had ads for another show that looks to be about kitesurfing which looks like fun, hopefully I get a chance to see it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment