Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My current state of mind (not in New York)

     Lately I've been all over the place with the music I'm listening to.  Techno, acoustic, rap, rock...a little of everything.  If I were to make a soundtrack for the way I feel right at this moment, I don't think I'd be able to, I would probably try to find some weird homeless man and throw him in a studio with Kanye West, T. Bone Burnett, Paul Simon and Daft Punk and see what came out of it.
     Music is where I usually feel I can find myself, lately I've been finding myself more in TV shows or movies.  I grew up on TV, which could explain my short attention span.  In my opinion, the best show out there these days is Community on NBC.  It started off as a normal sitcom with decent jokes, and has grown into itself.  It seems that its getting established, they're more free with it and are comfortable doing ridiculous things.  Last week, I Season One for the first time since it was on air.  It was great.  If you haven't watched this show, I recommend it. The character Abed is glorious, he is the heart of the show.  He mostly lives his life through movie references and seems to understand life more than any other character on TV. 
     This started as me wanting to write about my current musical state of mind, but it turned into me talking about my favorite TV show.  Oh well.  Life changes.



No comments:

Post a Comment